The types of file transfers that we want to cover include:
- Plate delivery
- Raw plates that are either scanned or are the original digital material.
- Shot Reviews
- Review elements between vendors and the production hub, which can be either movie files, or image sequences. This can include the final shot.
- Element delivery
- When multiple elements need to be transferred between facilities, e.g. for stereo reconstruction.
- Build Reference material
- Reference material for the environment, characters and props. Here we assume there is some mapping to known entities.
- Stage Reference material
- Reference material from the stage. This will typically have reference to scene/take or set.
- Model files
- Animated geometry files
See also: File Naming Patterns
- Naming Conventions
- Where we define strict naming conventions, which different facilities adopt.
- Schema File
- Where a file-transfer contains a description of the naming convention (AKA the schema file) that can be remapped to other facilities.
File:BOF-v2.pdf - The Presentation made to the SIGGRAPH 2011 BOF on Global Pipelines v2.